With over $14 million raised in seventeen years, KS95 is dedicated to supporting Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare and Children’s Cancer Research Fund. Thanks to your generous support, we’re changing the lives of thousands of children.
Here are just a few of the ways your donations make a difference for the children and families served by the two benefiting organizations:
- Children’s Cancer Research Fund researchers developed new vaccines to treat brain tumors, one of the deadliest childhood cancers.
- Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare fully renovated its inpatient rehabilitation unit to better serve kids recovering from major surgeries or traumatic injuries.
- Children’s Cancer Research Fund researchers are finding new, less toxic ways to prevent graft-versus-host disease; one-third of children who have a bone marrow transplant suffer from GVHD.
- Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare invested $1.2 million in research and education to study outcomes and improve patient care.
- Children’s Cancer Research Fund researchers identified genetic markers for osteosarcoma, a deadly bone cancer. This breakthrough will lead to better targeted treatments and longer lives for children battling the disease.
- Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare provided funds for 25 grants for families to purchase adaptive bikes, costing upwards of $5,000 each, for their children.
- Children’s Cancer Research Fund helped bring integrative therapies, like music therapy, aromatherapy and massage therapy to children at the University of Minnesota. Insurance doesn’t cover these healing therapies, and thanks to you, children now have access to them!
- Music therapists sang 8,990 songs to help Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare patients more easily handle hospital stays and medical procedures.