With over $14 million raised in seventeen years, KS95 is dedicated to supporting Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare and Children’s Cancer Research Fund. Thanks to your generous support, we’re changing the lives of thousands of children.
Here are just a few of the ways your donations make a difference for the children and families served by the two benefiting organizations:
- Children’s Cancer Research Fund researchers developed new vaccines to treat brain tumors, one of the deadliest childhood cancers.
- Gillette brought its specialized care within easy reach of Minnesota children through new clinics in Mankato, Hibbing and St. Cloud — just three of its 18 locations statewide.
- Children’s Cancer Research Fund researchers are finding new, less toxic ways to prevent graft-versus-host disease; one-third of children who have a bone marrow transplant suffer from GVHD.
- Gillette doubled its capacity to provide dental health services specifically designed for children who have disabilities — many of whom can’t see a traditional dentist.
- Children’s Cancer Research Fund researchers identified genetic markers for osteosarcoma, a deadly bone cancer. This breakthrough will lead to better targeted treatments and longer lives for children battling the disease.
- Gillette awarded tens of thousands of dollars to patient families to subsidize the purchase of sports equipment, computers or other devices designed to help children who have disabilities take part in everyday childhood activities.
- Children’s Cancer Research Fund helped bring integrative therapies, like music therapy, aromatherapy and massage therapy to children at the University of Minnesota. Insurance doesn’t cover these healing therapies, and thanks to you, children now have access to them!