Use these five online tools to get big deals on Black Friday.
1. FatWallet.com. If you check only one website for the best Black Friday sales, we recommend Fatwallet. As fans of FatWallet know, it's easy to use year round, but this Black Friday season it has gone all out. In addition to a useful iPhone and iPad app, the site's Black Friday Deal Finder is a top-flight online resource.
2. BFAds.net. BFAds.net is a website devoted entirely to Black Friday deals. It's a comprehensive resource that offers an extensive list of Black Friday ads as well as tons of practical information, ranging from Black Friday buying guides to store hours to Black Friday FAQs.
3. SlickDeals.com. SlickDeals provides a wealth of information for Black Friday shoppers. In addition to the traditional ad scans, it features an "editor's best picks" section where SlickDeals experts put together an ongoing list of the best deals they're seeing.
4. Facebook/Twitter. Now's the time to make social media work for you. If you're waiting to see a retailer's Black Friday ad, like or follow the vendor on Facebook or Twitter. Trust us, when the ad is released Facebook and Twitter fans/followers of that store will be the first to know about it.
5. Store Email Lists. If you don't have a Facebook or Twitter account, or don't check either often enough to catch a retailer's Black Friday ad as it's released, signing up for the store's mailing list also lets you see an ad right away. Black Friday Info Bonus: Cheapism.com strives to post the most useful and relevant Black Friday information to keep you well informed. Check our blog frequently for updates, and if you have a smartphone, check our guide to Black Friday apps.