It's been 2 years since Amy Winehouse passed away, but it has taken some time to officially determine why she died so young.
After having her cause of death ruled as accidental alcohol poisoning, a second inquest was recently requested as it was determined the original coroner on the job was not qualified for that role.
Now, it has been confirmed the soulful singer died due to accidental alcohol poisoning when she resumed drinking after a time of abstinence.
"[Amy Winehouse] voluntarily consumed alcohol; a deliberate act that took an unexpected turn and led to her death."
Along with the confirmation, it was also determined she had a blood alcohol level five times the legal driving limit which can prove fatal. The alcohol likely affected her central nervous system which caused her to pass away.