A 30-year-old Atlanta woman "accidentally" swallowed a butter knife. She was attempting to demonstrate for friends that she no longer had a gag reflex.
The woman told doctors that she was holding the knife partially down her throat when something made her laugh, causing the utensil to slide into her esophagus.
Doctors did manage to remove the cutlery without complications. Following the procedure, the her husband revealed that "four years earlier she had swallowed a knife that required surgical removal. Wait.....WHAT?!