If you’ve been missing Disney World and going stir crazy sitting at home, starting June 22nd you can finally book a stay at one of Disney World’s Resort Hotels.
Disney Resort Hotels are officially scheduled to reopen for business after being shutdown due to the coronavirus pandemic with the parks following suit on July 11.
What can you expect? Well, no surprises here … there will absolutely be new restrictions inside the resort hotels. According to USA Today, here is the breakdown:
• Masks are required for all visitors ages 2 and older.
• Visitors from New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut are required to have completed a 14-day quarantine.
• Online check-ins are recommended.
• There will be the use of cashless and contactless forms of payment.
• There will be additional cleanings and sanitation of elevators, door handles, and restrooms.
• Rooms will be equipped with individually wrapped glassware and double-cased pillows.
• Social distancing measures will be in place – and that includes in lines for and on buses.
• Pools will operate with social distancing measures in place.
• Arcades, dog parks, playgrounds, salons, and spas will remain closed.
• In-room services like childcare and special classes will not be available.
Additionally, guests will have automated check-outs to limit the amount of in-person contact with the front desk cast members.
Despite being probably the biggest player in the theme park world, Disney is the one of the last to reopen post-COVID shutdowns. Click here to see the current status of your favorite theme parks.