Welcome to KS95 for Kids!
Friday, December 11th, Crisco, Dez & Ryan from the KS95 Morning Show hosted the 22nd Annual "KS95 for Kids" Radiothon benefiting Children's Cancer Research Fund and Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare virtually.
WHAT is KS95 for Kids?
The KS95 for Kids Radiothon is an annual on-air fundraiser benefiting two local charities, Children’s Cancer Research Fund and Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare. To date, KS95 for Kids has raised over $17.3 million. We look forward to continuing to make an impact with your support.
HOW can I help?
Click the purple “Donate Now” button on this page to help children in your community get the effective treatments and life-changing surgeries they deserve — so they focus on just being a kid.
WHO does it benefit?
When you donate to the KS95 for Kids Radiothon, you’re making it possible for kids around the globe and in our own backyard overcome childhood cancer, traumatic injuries and other health challenges.
Meet the Kids
Special thanks to all of our KS95 for Kids sponsors!
Your Dollars at Work
With over $17.3 million raised in 21 years, KS95 is dedicated to supporting Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare and Children’s Cancer Research Fund. Thanks to your generous support, we’re changing the lives of thousands of children.
Here are just a few of the ways your donations make a difference for the children and families served by the two benefiting organizations:
- Children’s Cancer Research Fund Researchers are close to cracking the code behind a drug to treat DIPG, a childhood brain cancer with a 0% survival rate.
- Children’s Cancer Research Fund Researchers are testing ways to make cancer cells in kids with relapsed Ewing sarcoma more sensitive to chemotherapy.
- Children’s Cancer Research Fund supports research at the University of Minnesota that is creating a blood test for kids with bone cancer that will give doctors the information they need to personalize their treatment.
- Children’s Cancer Research Fund researchers are using leading-edge technology and using tiny microbubbles to more effectively treat leukemia in kids.
- Children’s Cancer Research Fund sponsors resources and programs that help families who are fighting cancer stay strong, find community and take care of themselves.
- Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare researchers and child life staff are using Virtual Reality technology to relieve pain and anxiety in patients following surgery and utilizing it as a coping tool during procedures.
- Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare provided 15,000 Music Therapy and Therapeutic Recreational visits
- Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare rehab therapists are implementing animal-assisted therapy to help comfort patients recovering from surgery, motivate patients to reach new milestones in their rehabilitation and reduce physical and emotional pain in both patients and their families.
- Gillette Children's Specialty Healthcare increased the number of families awarded financial assistance by 86%, helping them afford the costs of essential care and medical equipment.