Welcome to KS95 for Kids!
WHAT is KS95 for Kids?
The KS95 for Kids Radiothon is an annual on-air fundraiser benefiting two local charities, Children’s Cancer Research Fund and Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare.
HOW can I help?
Click the purple “Donate Now” button ob this page to help children in your community get the effective treatments and life-changing surgeries they deserve — so they focus on just being a kid.
WHO does it benefit?
When you donate to the KS95 for Kids Radiothon, you’re making it possible for kids around the globe and in our own backyard overcome childhood cancer, traumatic injuries and other health challenges.
The KS95 for Kids Radiothon
Join us on December 11, 2020 for the 22nd Annual KS95 for Kids Radiothon, benefiting Children’s Cancer Research Fund and Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare. To date, KS95 for Kids has raised over $16 million. We look forward to continuing to make an impact with your support.
Become a Holiday Hero, $15 or more monthly gift or a one-time gift online. Click here to donate. Your donation helps continue the fight for a cure for childhood cancer and life changing support for kids living with disabilities. You can tune in to 94.5 KS95 on December 11th to hear their inspiring stories of hope!
Meet the Kids
Special thanks to all of our KS95 for Kids sponsors!
Your Dollars at Work
With over $16 million raised in 21 years, KS95 is dedicated to supporting Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare and Children’s Cancer Research Fund. Thanks to your generous support, we’re changing the lives of thousands of children.
Here are just a few of the ways your donations make a difference for the children and families served by the two benefiting organizations:
- Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare researchers and child life staff are using Virtual Reality technology to relieve pain and anxiety in patients following surgery and utilizing it as a coping tool during procedures.
- Children’s Cancer Research Fund researchers are developing immunotherapies that can recognize and kill osteosarcoma cells, a treatment that could potentially cure the disease without the need for chemotherapy.
- Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare neurologists and researchers are using Vagus Nerve Stimulation (VNS) to control seizures in patients with Epilepsy, including one of the youngest-ever patients to undergo VNS.
- Children’s Cancer Research Fund researchers are moving forward with a clinical trial that will shut down a protein that shields brain tumors from a potentially lifesaving anti-cancer vaccine.
- Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare rehab therapists are implementing animal-assisted therapy to help comfort patients recovering from surgery, motivate patients to reach new milestones in their rehabilitation and reduce physical and emotional pain in both patients and their families.
- Gillette Children’s Specialty Healthcare supported over 223 families with financial assistance to cover services and care provided by Gillette.
- Children’s Cancer Research Fund researchers are joining forces and sharing data with the brightest minds around the world to study why rates of hepatoblastoma are rising in kids, and how they can develop treatments to stop it.
- Children’s Cancer Research Fund supported integrative therapies such as music therapy, which both helps kids recovering from treatment reach their treatment goals but also allows them to have the creative childhood experiences they deserve!